The SKyPRO Enhanced REST API Service (SERAS) makes it easy to develop and expose REST APIs for any LDAP based data server. It can be configured as a highly flexible, resilient and scalable system (clustered).
RESTful Web Service API using Java
The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) has been around since the 1990s. It is an effective protocol for accessing directories, but regrettably it is not web-based. (16%) SKyPRO has now developed an Enhanced REST API Service (SERAS). This highly scalable, manageable and adaptive service provides web-based REST access to any LDAP data.
- No Passwords transmitted. If configured as the case might be no password will ever be sent over the internet, in place of it tokens will be used
- Only allowed operation performed on the SERAS. You define all allowed data operations, all other not explicitly allowed operations will be blocked
- One stack to secure. SERAS enables you to implement REST APIs that:
- can support all client environments
- can connect to several LDAP data sources at the same time
- Reduced attack surface using SERAS. You secure the REST APIs you define. If there is a breach, then just these APIs are exposed and not the data
SEPARATION of SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT and DATA ACCESS